Are You A Candidate for a Smile Makeover?
Your smile is an important part of your appearance, and if it’s one you feel self-conscious about, it can have a negative impact on your self-confidence. You may even avoid smiling in an effort to hide your issues. If this sounds like you, a smile makeover can help you regain your confidence and be proud to flash your smile.
In this blog, the dentists at Dental365 explain who makes a good candidate for a smile makeover.
What is a smile makeover?
It's a multi-step cosmetic treatment plan to improve the appearance of your smile. It’s custom-designed for each patient to help them achieve their goals, and the results can be a dramatic improvement.
Who is a candidate for a smile makeover?
You could be a good candidate if you have good dental health overall and don’t need any restorative procedures such as crowns, bridges, or implants.
The following concerns can also make you a good candidate:
- Teeth staining or discoloration
- Chips or cracks in one or more teeth
- Minor tooth misalignment
What’s involved with a smile makeover?
You’ll talk to your dentist about what you’d like to improve about your smile and work with him or her to determine which treatments you could benefit from. Depending on your individual needs, it may include some of the following procedures, which can be completed over several visits:
- Teeth whitening – Applied in-office or at home, professional teeth whitening will yield much better results than over-the-counter kits can.
- Porcelain veneers – These thin shells can be placed on the front of the tooth to hide cracks and other issues.
- Invisalign – An alternative to traditional braces, Invisalign uses clear plastic aligner trays that discreetly and effectively straighten your teeth.
- Dental bonding – A tooth-colored resin is applied to help fill in cracks and hide flaws.
What are the advantages of this type of makeover?
It provides the following advantages:
- Custom-designed treatment plan to meet your specific needs and goals
- Dramatic results for an improved smile
- Natural-looking results
- Increased self-confidence
If you’d like to find out more about improving your appearance and confidence with a smile makeover, contact Dental365 today. Our 14 convenient New York locations are open every day, and you’re welcome to make an appointment or just stop in at one of our offices. We’d be happy to talk with you about your smile concerns and work with you to devise a plan that meets your goals and budget.