Benefits of Invisalign®
Invisalign® can improve the appearance of your smile and it is an orthodontic treatment that offers a wide range of benefits.
What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is an alternative to traditional braces that utilizes clear plastic tray aligners to move your teeth into a better position. They’re custom-made to fit your mouth and are replaced every one or two weeks. Each tray continues to slowly shift your teeth into the desired position.
How Can I Get Invisalign®?
The following are typically the steps followed when you’re getting Invisalign:
- Consultation: Your doctor will recommend the best option to fit your needs and correct your dental issues.
- Scanning or Impressioning: A digital scan or mould will be taken of your teeth.
- Creating a Treatment Plan: Your doctor will map out a customized treatment plan for you.
- Previewing the Results: You’ll be able to see a digital image of your new smile.
- Making the Aligners: Your set of aligners will be custom-made.
- Starting Treatment: You’ll pick up your first set of aligners and your doctor will make sure you know about their care.
- Receiving New Aligners: Every week or two, you’ll receive new aligners to help slowly adjust your teeth.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign®?
Invisalign® has many benefits, including the following:
- Treatment is nearly invisible
- Treatment time is often the same or faster than traditional braces
- They’re easy to remove, so you’re not limited on what you can eat
- You remove them when brushing and flossing, so dental care isn’t an issue
- Your doctor will get to gauge your progress as your treatment progresses
- You may experience less discomfort than you would with traditional braces
- You’ll have no broken brackets or wires to worry about
Who is a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
You may be a good candidate for Invisalign if the following apply to you:
- Your teeth need to be realigned
- You have improper spacing between your teeth, such as crowding
- You have an overbite or underbite
- Your teeth are not severely rotated
- You don’t like the appearance of braces
To get more information on Invisalign® treatment or to see if you would be a good candidate, make an appointment today in one of our many convenient New York area offices. We have convenient office hours, including nights and weekends for our busiest patients. We also welcome walk-ins for any dental concerns you may have.