At-Home Hygiene Tips When Social Distancing
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many of our patients are practicing social distancing. In addition, many businesses including dentists have limited hours or services during this time. Luckily, most of the steps required in maintaining oral health and wellness are performed at home anyway! At Dental365, we want to take some time to describe the ways in which our patients can keep their smile healthy during this time until they can see the dentist for elective procedures and routine care.
Oral health with social distancing
Below are a few ways in which you and your family can achieve and maintain dental health during this time until further appointments can be made for dental cleanings and evaluations:
- Brush your teeth after every meal. If this is not possible, at least two times a day. Always use a soft-bristled toothbrush and a toothpaste formulated with fluoride.
- Floss between the teeth. Your teeth can trap food particles and plaque where the toothbrush cannot reach, so flossing at least once a day is key.
- Maintain a healthy diet and stay active. Consider foods that are not high in sugars or acids, as these can linger on the teeth and impact oral health. It is more important than ever during this pandemic to stay active to supplement your overall health and wellness.
- Stay hydrated. Maintaining moisture in the mouth is essential to avoid problems such as dry mouth, which can speed the accumulation of bacteria as saliva flow cannot wash it away. Drink water throughout the day and avoid sodas and high-sugar beverages
- Change your toothbrush. It is essential to change your toothbrush at most every three months to ensure it is cleaning effectively. You should also replace their brush if the bristles become frayed or if you experience a sickness, as using the same toothbrush can cause reinfection
- Visit Dental365 for necessary dental work. Ignoring a problem may compound it's already detrimental effects. If you have dental concerns, contact Dental365t to schedule an appointment for an evaluation.
If you are experiencing a dental emergency, call Dental365 to schedule an emergency appointment to be seen right away. Dental365 practices the safest infection control protocols so patients can be rest-assured that all protective measures are being taken to keep everyone safe.
Learn more about oral health care from home
Call Dental365 at (844) 365-DENTAL to discuss the ways in which you can keep your smile healthy from home, even with social distancing in place!