What Is Considered a Dental Emergency?
During a dental emergency, your dentist is the first person you should call. Dental365 is among the few dental offices that offer same-day services for both new and current patients in many situations. We set aside specific time in our schedule to handle emergency dental procedures that often occur unexpectedly. But what warrants immediate dental assistance? What qualifies as a dental emergency? In short, a dental emergency is a problem that occurs in the mouth that requires immediate attention. Without immediate attention, a patient with a dental emergency may be in extended pain or experience worsening of the problem. Below are a few examples of situations that may be considered a dental emergency:
- Problems with dental restorations, such as a loose or lost crown, veneer, or bridge
- A tooth that has been knocked out from trauma
- A tooth that is loose or out of alignment from an injury
- A tooth that has been cracked, chipped, or fractured
- Broken or lost dentures
- A tooth that is sensitive to hot or cold temperatures
- Unusual pain or tissue injury that causes discomfort or bleeding
- A toothache that is severe and makes it difficult to sleep
- Breakage or misalignment of a denture that cause shifting and sores
- A cut or laceration to the soft tissues of the mouth, including the cheek and tongue
- An injury to the mouth that has caused bleeding, swelling, and other pain
- Swelling, knots, or bulges on the gum tissues
How can I be prepared for a dental emergency?
Dental emergencies often occur when we least expect them. This is why it is essential to have your dentist’s contact information on hand. As soon as a problem arises, you should contact your dentist to determine if you should be seen right away. Our dental staff may also offer you steps to follow before visiting, such as placing a knocked-out tooth in a glass of milk or taking over-the-counter pain medications until you can get into our office. We accept new patients who need emergency care, as well as our own patients who have visited us in the past.
Are you in need of emergency care?
Contact Dental365 to learn more about emergency dentistry assistance at one of our convenient locations throughout the area of New York and Connecticut. Call (844) 365-DENTAL to request an appointment.