Why You Shouldn’t Neglect Routine Hygiene Appointments During the Pandemic
Many often question “How often should I go to the dentist?” According to the American Dental Association some patients may need more than two visits a year to keep their smile healthy. One thing is certain, you should not neglect your routine dental hygiene appointments, even during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We understand quarantine may have thrown off your routine visit schedule, but it’s time to make an appointment! Thankfully, dental offices in New York and Connecticut have now reopened and are accepting patients for all types of appointments. So, don’t postpone any longer.
During your routine hygiene appointment, your teeth and gums will be examined for disease, decay or cavities, followed by a cleaning to remove plaque from all surfaces. Finally, the dental hygienist will polish your teeth to remove any stains.
A routine hygiene appointment is not only about having your teeth cleaned, it is also about prevention. It is important to not neglect your visits, regularly or during the pandemic, and enjoy all the dental office has to offer:
- Prevent Gum Disease – Regular visits with cleanings in combination with at home care can prevent gum disease.
- Speak About Your Oral Health – Routine hygiene appointments make for the perfect time to ask any dental questions, express concerns, or learn something new. This is your one on one time with an expert.
- Receive Brushing and Flossing Tips – Your hygienist will speak to you about brushing and flossing to make sure you are maximizing your at home care and doing what is best for your oral health.
- Benefit from Early Detection - The best way to prevent extensive and long-lasting oral damage is to catch any issue early! With regular cleanings and exams, it is more likely that the dentist or hygienist will catch the problem while in an early stage.
- Preserve Your Natural Teeth – While there are dental procedures that can replace or fix your teeth and gums it is always preferable to keep your natural teeth. The chance of this is much higher with a combination of routine hygiene exams, early detection, and at home care.
Schedule Your Routine Hygiene Appointment Today!
Dental365 is currently welcoming patients for routine hygiene appointments at all locations and practicing safe dentistry. You can be rest-assured that our offices are following strict protocols and have implemented social distancing measures to keep you safe during your visit. Contact us at (844) 365-DENTAL for more information or to schedule an appointment.