Dental Bonding in Long Island & NYC
Dental Bonding: A Simple Way to Achieve a Dramatic Enhancement
Dental bonding performed at our New York, NY, offices is a fast, simple, and effective way to conceal minor cosmetic imperfections in your smile. Our dentists can apply composite tooth-colored resin to cover small chips and cracks, close wide gaps, and give teeth a more uniform shape or size. The resin is specially selected to match the shade of your teeth for results that look absolutely natural. If small imperfections are causing you to feel self-conscious about the appearance of your smile, the dentists at Dental365 are prepared to help you. Please contact any of our conveniently located offices to make an appointment with one of our doctors.
What is dental bonding?
Dental bonding is an affordable alternative to veneers. Teeth bonding involves the use of a composite resin that is color-matched to the shade of your natural teeth. It can be applied to conceal chips, cracks, and discoloration, or cosmetic concerns related to the size or shape of the teeth. The entire procedure can be performed in just one appointment.
Why is dental bonding used?
Bonding teeth can conceal a number of minor dental imperfections, including:
- Chipped teeth. The resin can replace small portions of a tooth that have broken away.
- Tooth discoloration. For stubborn or intrinsic stains that do not respond to teeth whitening treatments, dental bonding can give teeth a color that matches surrounding teeth.
- Uneven teeth. Your dentist can apply resin to teeth that appear abnormally small in order to create an appearance of symmetry in your smile.
- Minor misalignment. By applying a small amount of resin to the sides of teeth, your dentist can create the appearance of a straighter smile.
- Gaps in teeth. Dental bonding can close large gaps between teeth for a uniform, symmetrical appearance.
- Damaged teeth. Following treatment for trauma or decay, we can use tooth-colored resin to repair and strengthen the structure of the tooth, while achieving a natural appearance.
What does dental bonding involve?
The dental bonding procedure begins with a thorough examination to ensure your teeth and gums are healthy. As with any cosmetic dentistry procedure, bonding requires a healthy smile foundation, so your doctor will have to treat any instances of periodontal disease or tooth decay before moving ahead with treatment.
To begin your treatment, your dentist will match the shade of the bonding material to that of your teeth. Next, the dentist will place clear strips on either side of the teeth being treated to prevent the bonding solution from contacting the adjacent teeth.
Your dentist will then begin to apply an etching solution that creates tiny fissures in the surface of the tooth. This allows the resin to achieve a strong bond. Next, your doctor will apply the resin to your tooth to achieve the desired effect. Once in place, the resin is hardened with a curing light. Finally, the dentist will polish and trim the resin to create a smooth, natural-looking surface.
What is the difference between dental bonding and porcelain veneers?
In some cases, bonding can be a viable alternative to porcelain veneers. Bonding is less costly, and can typically be performed in a single visit. However, depending on your goals and the state of your teeth, veneers may be a better option. During a consultation, our dentists will answer your questions and help you make an informed decision about which treatment is best for you.
What are the benefits of undergoing dental bonding at Dental365?
Cosmetic dental bonding may offer you the following benefits:
- Quick procedure
- Brightens and corrects imperfections
If you have minor cosmetic imperfections in your smile that you would like to address with a quick and simple treatment, please contact one of our offices to schedule a consultation with a skilled dentist. Call us today at 844.365.DENTAL or request an appointment through our website at any time.